JUSTIN JOHNSON'S GUITAR VAULT is a Top Shelf guitar collection personally curated by Justin Johnson and includes some of his favorite guitar models from select companies as well as Official Justin Johnson Signature Guitars. These guitars are personally hand-selected, checked, tone-tested, and autographed by Justin Johnson before shipping.
WILD CUSTOMS FIREWILD SUNBURST CUSTOM ELECTRIC GUITAR
Justin has long been a fan of the quality, attention to detail, and custom features from Wild Custom Guitars, and hand-selected this "FireWild" electric 6-string guitar to be offered in this GUITAR VAULT. This "FireWild" model harkens back to classic designs and aesthetics that define "Rock & Roll." The Seymour Duncan pickups are perfectly voiced for a clear, sustained, proud tone, and the feel and balance of this guitar have to be felt to be totally appreciated.
The Bigsby Tremolo unit is installed using a Vibramate plate, so it can easily be converted to a fixed tailpiece without modifying the guitar.
• Body: Khaya (Senegal Mahogany)
• Neck: Khaya (Senegal Mahogany)
• Fingerboard: Brazilian Pau Ferro (Rosewood substitute to respect the CITES agreement and the European Union wood species protection regulation 338/97)
• Scale length: 24’3/4″ / 22 frets
• Neck profile: C SHAPE
• Pickups: SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS / SHPG1b + APH1n
• 1 Volume + 1 Tone + 3-way Switch
• Bridge: TUNE O MATIC / Gotoh w/ Bigsby Tremolo with Vibramate plate
• Tuners: Schertler open gear
• Finish: Sunburst
• HARDCASE + CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY included
A set neck transfers the resonance between neck and body more freely and immediately than does a bolt-on neck. The result is usually heard as a little more warmth and fullness in the set-neck guitar. This thicker, fatter sound is often sort out by heavy blues and rock’n’roll afficionados.
The Gibson 24-3/4″ scale is one of the most common guitar scale length. Being shorter than the Fender 25-1/2″ scale, the Gibson 24-3/4″ scale has a lower tension/easier to play feel, and a warmer tone.